TCM host and film historian Robert Osborne will serve as official host of the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival, with TCM's Ben Mankiewicz also introducing various events during the festival. The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, which has a longstanding role in movie history and was the site of the first Oscars® ceremony, will once again serve as the official hotel for the festival, as well as a central gathering point for attendees. Screenings and events will also be held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres and the Egyptian Theatre. The Hollywood Roosevelt will also offer special rates for festival attendees.
Cinematic Journeys: Travel in the Movies, the theme for the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival, will explore how movies can carry viewers beyond their hometowns to distant or imaginary locales, where they can be transformed by great storytelling. Often, the mode of travel provides the filmic inspiration, whether it's planes, trains, or automobiles. At other times, the trip itself serves as the central narrative, as in the case of many "road movies." With Hollywood as the starting point, TCM's cinematic excursion will take festival attendees on a fascinating journey to cinematic worlds both familiar and new.
Passes for the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival are set to go on sale in November and can be purchased through the TCM Classic Film Festival website at http://www.tcm.com/festival. Passes will be available in five levels, including an additional level added this year. The number of passes available is limited, especially for top-level "Spotlight" passes.
- The "Spotlight" Festival Pass: $1,599 – Includes all privileges available to "Classic" and "Essential" passholders, priority entry to all events; plus entry to an exclusive opening-night party following the red-carpet gala screening at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre; meet-and-greet events with TCM friends, including Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz; and an official TCM Classic Film Festival poster signed by Osborne.
- The "Essential" Festival Pass: $699 – Includes all privileges available to "Classic" passholders, plus entry to the opening-night red-carpet gala screening at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and official TCM Classic Film Festival collectibles.
- The "Classic" Festival Pass: $549 – Includes access to all film programs at festival venues Thursday, April 25 – Sunday, April 28 (does not include admittance to the opening-night red-carpet gala screening at Grauman's Chinese Theatre or the opening-night party); access to all Club TCM events, panels and poolside screenings at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel; an opening-night welcome reception at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel; the closing-night event; and a commemorative festival program.
- The "Matinee" Festival Pass: $349 – Includes access to all film programs starting prior to 6 p.m. (PT) at all festival venues Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28; admission to Club TCM events and panels at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel until 6 p.m. daily, Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28; and a commemorative festival program.
- NEW PASS LEVEL: The "Palace" Festival Pass: $249 – Includes access to all screenings and events at Grauman's Chinese Theatre (excluding the opening-night red-carpet gala) and the Egyptian Theatre Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28 as well as a commemorative festival program.
The TCM Classic Film Festival launched in spring 2010 and has quickly established itself destination event. Each year, the festival welcomes 25,000 to more than a hundred screenings and events, with passholders coming from around the world to attend. The 2012 TCM Classic Film Festival included appearances by Liza Minnelli, Kirk Douglas, Mel Brooks, Kim Novak, Debbie Reynolds, Angie Dickinson, Robert Wagner, Stanley Donen and many, many more.
Information about the TCM Classic Film Festival, including video and photos from past festivals, is available at http://www.tcm.com/festival/.